One of our customers is now looking for a senior design engineer with a solid background from the design of automotive transmissions. The group is responsible for the in-house design and manufacturing of transmissions for coming electrified vehicles.
You will be part of a small team creating new transmission concepts and be responsible for the design of components and subsystems in new projects. As the team is young and newly formed an important role is the mentorship of other design engineers and be the “go to” person.
• Develop solutions, in cross-functional teams, that fulfil design prerequisites and automotive standards
• Responsible that technical documents are available at the right level and right time
• Responsible that the structure (primary and auxiliary documents) are correctly stored in the system
• Revise drawing specifications and technical regulations made in the team
• Verify the solution and recommend changes of the design regarding technology, quality, service, environment, market adaptation and rationalization
• Secure component scalability for the component area between platforms.
• Report in both line organization and project organization.
• Give support to concept studies in early program phases
• Transfer of knowledge to Design Guidelines, Design Prerequisites and Technical Regulations
• Work close together with CAE and testing engineers making the verification plan.
• B.Sc. or higher in mechanical engineering or equivalent
• Experience in, and a genuine interest in product development within the mechanical area
• Minimum 6 years of experience from development of automotive transmissions, preferably within the car industry
• Excellent skills in design work in Catia V5, Teamcenter
• Experience in working in close cooperation with suppliers and manufacturing
Design engineer - gearboxes for electrified vehicles
Sigma Industry West
Mechanical Engineering, Project Management
Liza Åkesson, email@example.com, 46732411066