Main responsibilities are as follows:
Support the client organization with electrical design work.
• Participate in defining requirements, design specifications & interface
control documents for upcoming design packages.
• Plan and coordinate the electrical and mechanical design for PSS and ODH
systems based on requirements and priorities as defined.
• Be the direct link between technical lead and design team related to el. and
mech. design. Also be able to carry out design yourself when needed.
• Report technical and project related progress and issues to the PSS technical
• Specify and ensure that team is carrying out electrical related design calculations
(e.g. conductor & cable, voltage drop, short circuit breaking capacity, impedance,
• Write manufacturing, test & installation specifications.
• Be the contact person/decision maker in case there are questions regarding
• Ensure the designs are standard compliant and are executed according to client
• Ensure the design team is using the clients tools in the best way.
• Investigate and evaluate effectiveness of workflows and propose means of
optimization for el. and mech. design, especially with focus on modular design
approaches that allow easy and effective scaling. Propose means of optimization
and get approval before deploying/"enforcing" these.
• Ensure the internal work is using client defined workflows for change orders and
escalate properly when needed.
• Support in identifying how to build small pieces of equipment such that we are
compliant with all standards relevant (e.g. Emergency Switch Off Stations/aka
ESOS, or the interface boxes between PSS and modulators etc.).
• Plan, organize and participate in design reviews.
Qualifications for the positions:
• Engineering degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience from electrical design within industry or
• Experience from using PLM/PDM, CAD & Engineering tools.
• Excellent skills in Eplan P8 platform.
• Excellent oral and written English skills are mandatory, knowledge of other
European languages would be an advantage.
• Strong problem solving, analytical methods and technical skills.
• Ability to work effectively in and with team(s).
• Uses initiative to identify and resolve problems/issues and has good judgement.
• High social skills.
• The position is on site 100% in Lund however, during the pandemic the consultant will work mainly of-site.
• The consultant will bring his or her own laptop or a laptop will be provided by Sigma for an additional cost.
• Any offer should be “All inclusive”.
Electrical engineer with machine safety experience
Sigma Industry South
Skåne län, Sweden
Project Management & Management, System development, Test & Quality, Requirement Management & Business Development, Digitalisation, PLM, Project Management, Automation, Electricity & Automation, Energy & Power Engineering, System design, Function development, Software development
Joel Carnemalm, firstname.lastname@example.org, 46702949681