In the role as Antenna Engineer you will actively participate in development of RF hardware, antenna solutions and new wireless systems for consumer electronics. You will work with our clients on the latest technologies and systems with the aim of pushing the boundaries and create state of the art products. We expect you to have broad knowledge of antenna theory, antenna technology, and antenna manufacturing processes. The role also requires expert technical communication with cross-functional teams across design, mechanics, electronics and firmware engineers.
You will be responsible for antenna design, work with partnerships and supply chain to drive new solutions and technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production. Excellent technical understanding of consumer electronics and wireless technology is required and based on the very tight collaboration with other disciplines and stakeholders’ strong social skills are essential.
- Antenna design implementation throughout a product design cycle.
- Technology selection, simulation, prototyping, bring up, lab bench debug and root cause.
- Partner with other functions as hardware and supply chain teams to create state of the art solutions.
- Work with RF and test engineers to ensure the quality of the overall system
- Optimize OTA performance by simulation and lab validation.
- Design and optimize matching networks for RF and Antenna performance.
- Participate in characterizing and debugging desense issues to meet requirements.
- Support EMI/EMC trouble shooting and validation
- Communicate trade-offs, program concerns and technical direction.
- Definition of RF/ antenna calibration methods and parameters
- Factory prototype production support (onsite and/or offsite)
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in antenna and RF design and integration for small form consumer electronics for watches, phones, glasses and similar sized wearables is required
- Knowledge of electromagnetic theory with application to antennas, RF/Microwave circuit and network theory
- Knowledge of antenna radiation pattern and antenna isolation optimization. Experience with antennas used in cell phone and body-worn applications (as PIFA/WIFA)
- Proven experience with 3D EM simulation tools such as Computer Simulation Technology (CST) and High Frequency Structure Simulator (HFSS).
- Experience with antenna prototyping tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of basic RF concepts such as impedance matching, Smith Charts.
- Hands-on with lab equipment such as Vector network analyzers.
- Theoretical understanding of and experience with radiation pattern and Over the Air (OTA) measurements using anechoic and/or reverberation chambers.
- Knowledge of impact of body proximity on antenna performance.
- Understanding of Specific Absorption Rate standards and mitigation techniques.
- Experience with certification requirements for Cellular, WiFi, BT antenna.
- Knowledge of wave propagation, current distributions, EM field distributions, etc.
- Experience with different antenna manufacturing processes (LDS, FPC, Stamped Metal).
- Hands-on experience with, making measurements in RF/microwave anechoic chambers
- Antenna characterization, near-field, far-field, and compact-range based
- Knowledge of RF/wireless system architecture and Wi-Fi/BT/Cellular protocol
- Experience with Wi-Fi, BT, GPS and Cellular RF implementation
- Understanding of Digital Communication/Signal Processing is a plus
- Self-motivated, flexible to switch context and open to learn
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
For more information please contact
San Jose, CA, United States
DucoJan Pilot, Ducojan.Pilot@sigmaconnectivity.com