In the role as Audio Systems Engineer you will get the chance to work with the latest technologies and components available on the market. You will perform various tasks that include everything from setting requirements, having supplier dialogue and evaluating new technologies to hands on acoustic verification, supporting factory builds and securing product quality. The role requires a deep understanding in the fundamentals of audio and acoustics and proven experience in both design and verification. A solid understanding of Audio related Software from Kernel, HAL-layer and all the way up to app layer is also highly beneficial. As part of an experienced team with recognized experts you will work closely together to deliver world class results to our customers. The role will also include a very tight collaboration with client development team and strong social skills are essential.
- Work with the specialists within the audio team to define the required architecture to meet the audio requirements for a given product
- Drive component selection of speakers, microphones, amplifiers and other key components
- Generate specifications to guarantee vendors’ deliverables meet our client’s requirements and that all testing to this effect is carried out
- Integrate microphones and speakers within the given design through collaborating with the cross functional product team
- Validate all aspects of the audio design though hands-on measurements and leveraging vendor resources
- Support factory builds to ensure audio quality is being met and solve issues in real time to enable successful builds
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Extensive experience with ACQUA, Soundcheck and B&K equipment audio and acoustic test systems to analyze real-time audio DSP algorithms such as echo cancellation, noise suppression, beamformer, automatic gain control.
- Experience working with Android products, Android framework and adb.
- Experience programming in Matlab, Python and C. Scripting in Linux is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of how end-to-end audio systems work including microphones, audio ICs, acoustics, embedded DSPs, transducers, etc.
- Excellent documentation and demonstrated communication skills and experience working across disciplines to drive optimal solutions.
For more information please contact:
AUDIO SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Bay Area, CA, United States
DucoJan Pilot, Ducojan.Pilot@sigmaconnectivity.com