Sigma Connectivity is now looking for an additional Engineering Manager for our office in Carlsbad, San Diego. Our team in Carlsbad have a strong focus towards Android Framework Development, Full Stack with focus on HAL and Kernel as well as audio and video specific feature development. We are expanding our business and as part of that we need to strengthen our team with this role.
Teamwork is part of our core values and we truly believe in the fact that the group is stronger than the sum of each individuals. Building and managing a team of engineers to fulfill our client needs will be a core part of the role. Some key responsibilities will be securing customer satisfaction, recruit, develop and retain personnel, secure budget targets and be an ambassador for Sigma Connectivity.
We are also working very closely together with our clients R&D organizations and being able to communicate in a clear way is essential. The person we are looking for is a manager who wants to retain hands on software development work and at the same time lead the team.
We are on a very interesting journey and our ambitions are set sky high! If you want to be part of our journey and think you have what it takes let’s talk.
- Drive the delivery towards customer by collaborating internally.
- Manage performance and career development of the engineering team, enable them to deliver great results both as individuals and teams.
- Interview and hire the most qualified individuals to enable continued growth.
- Ensuring teams have clear priorities and adequate resources to fulfill expectations.
- Participating in sales meetings, architecture or other technical discussions with clients.
- Lead reviews of teamwork for accuracy, quality and completeness.
- Work with roadmap and strategic planning together with senior management.
- Be prepared to lead technical project work and timelines.
- Effectively assess and communicate risks.
- Drive documentation of technical design and system architecture.
- Act as a role model and coach for new employees and young engineers.
- Be an ambassador for Sigma Connectivity and living our values.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Solid understanding and experience in software design and development
- Well proven experience working with customer facing projects
- Successful track record from managing teams of engineers
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing engineering talent
- Highly skilled in embedded Java, good knowledge in C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Proven experience in Android Framework Development is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work
- Willing to learn new methods / tools / coding languages
- Dedicated leader and team player
For more information please contact:
San Diego, CA, United States
Christian Axelsson (LTA), Christian.AxelssonLTA@sigmaconnectivity.se, +46702410959