As an Embedded Electronics Developer in Sigma, you will be assigned to product development projects and take part in all project phases from concept definition to design, verification and industrialization.
With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our clients Controls Research & Development department is focusing in Embedded Electronics Development, Power Electronics.
The Controls Research & Development department is responsible for design and development of next-generation subsea control systems, electrical actuators, condition and performance monitoring and electrification of subsea products.
The department is a spearhead within the company, developing new technologies and enabling digitalization.
Controls R&D consists of 4 discipline teams:
- Product Architecture & Test
- Embedded Electronics & Mechanics
- Embedded Software & Configuration
- Product Support & Sustaining
Our development strategy is built on state-of-the-art processes and methodology, such as agile, virtualization and test-driven development. The departments have direct access to in-house lab facilities with equipment and tools for concept development, prototyping and testing.
- Participate in studies and early phase projects for new power solutions
- Be part of the team defining power architecture and building blocks to support the product portfolio demand
- Design, prototype and verify systems and solutions. Layout experience is a bonus.
- Participate in Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA’s) and reliability analysis
- Perform root cause analysis of new and legacy products
- Be part of industrialization of products, design for manufacturability and manufacturing test
- B/MSc degree within electronics, cybernetics or similar.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience in product development
- Experience from development of power products or power supplies
- Familiar with relevant industry standards
- Experience in one or more of the following areas are required;
- Power supply design (AC and DC)
- Electric drive design and control
- Embedded electronics
- Experience from SIL rated development is a bonus
- Good people and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability to handle complex specifications and develop consistent solutions
ABOUT SIGMA ENERGY AND MARINE
Sigma Energy & Marine delivers expert knowledge within subsea, renewable energy production, processing industry and marine applications. We are proud of the fact that we can deliver industry leading competence to global companies by being present on-site as well as having a thriving and agile in-house operation.
We offer a diverse and exciting environment with the possibility to both continue develop technical skills within your main field of interest as well as broadening your experience within other areas.
As a part of the Sigma Group we have the ability to offer the best of two worlds; stability and entrepreneurship. Sigma consists of multiple companies in different areas of technical expertise and have today more than 5000 employees operative in 14 countries. Sigma is Sweden's largest privately-owned consulting group.
For more information please contact
+47 413 96 745
Senior Embedded Developer - Power Electronics
Sigma Energy & Marine
Mechanical Engineering, Electricity & Automation, Energy & Power Engineering, Software development embedded systems, Automation
Daniel Hermansson, email@example.com